Wednesday 19 January 2011

In the beginning...

... I was a small girl with a sweet tooth and a cookbook which contained a recipe for fairy cakes. The recipe told you how to mix flour and sugar and eggs together and scrape this mixture into patty cans.

It also said: "Ask Mummy to set the oven to Gas Mark 8."
... and so I did, and she did, and my first batch of cupcakes appeared all hot and fresh from the oven.

Then it said somewhat scarily "Be careful not to eat them when they're still hot, or you may get hiccups."
... I have still never figured out if this is true.

From then on I loved making cakes and I still do. I'm a pretty lazy cook, I only do stuff that I'm interested in, and the only thing I am consistently interested in is baked treats. So that is the focus of this blog in which I'm going to try to document my experiments with cakes, pastries and biscuits. I like to read and see what other cooks are doing or have tried to do, and I often turn to the interwebs to solve cooking problems so hopefully I can help others to do that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment